These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Municipal Compensation Database (MCD) located at Municipaldata.ca
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Municipaldata.ca if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person logged on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to Municipal Compensation database and A. C. Johnson & Associates DBA ASSOCIUM (ASSOCIUM). “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Ontario. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, ASSOCIUM and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all functionality on Municipaldata.ca. All intellectual property rights are reserved. Users own the data they enter and agree that they and all other municipal users have the right to access the data they have entered. You may access this data from Municipaldata.ca for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Municipaldata.ca
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Municipaldata.ca
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Municipaldata.ca except for the express purpose of managing your own internal compensation plans
- Redistribute content from Municipaldata.ca except to those internal to your organization or engaged by your organization for the express purpose of managing your internal compensation plans
This Agreement shall begin on the date you register on this website.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange information in certain areas of the website. ASSOCIUM does not filter, edit, publish or review materials prior to their presence on the website. Materials and any associated Comments posted do not reflect the views of ASSOCIUM, its agents and/or affiliates. Materials and Comments reflect the views of the person or organization that posted their materials and Comments. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, ASSOCIUM shall not be liable for the materials and Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Materials and Comments on this website.
ASSOCIUM reserves the right to monitor all Materials and Comments and to remove any Materials or Comments which can be considered inappropriate, or causes a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Materials and Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Materials and Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Materials and Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The materials and Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant ASSOCIUM a non-exclusive license to use or reproduce and edit and authorize other Users to use or reproduce and edit any of your Materials and Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Linking to or Accessing our Content
The following organizations may link to or access our Website without prior written approval:
- other authorized Government organizations who are themselves subscribers to the website or do so under a requirement of the law;
- search engines may link to our website but will not link to the data;
We cannot ensure that the information on this website is accurate and correct, so we cannot warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor can we promise that the material on the website is kept up to date. We are not liable for any content entered by you on our Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims arising from your content on our Website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.